Monday, April 26, 2010

Allow us to introduce ouselves....

Welcome to the 2 Fluffy Mamas blog! The 2 Fluffy Mamas are Deidre and Katherine (henceforth known as D and K). We decided to create this blog to share our knowledge/challenges/etc. with being mamas that are a little different than what has become the parenting 'norm'. And now, we will give a little background about our mama adventures...

D: I am currently a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) of an almost six month old and wife of Josh for almost 4 years. I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (Preschool-4th grade) in May 2008. I haven’t been able to teach full time yet due to moving across state lines (and waiting on my license to transfer) and getting pregnant. We have now moved back home and I’m hoping to get a full time teaching job for next school year so my license doesn’t become jeopardized.
I love being at home with my son, Ezra. I have always dreamed of being a mommy since I can remember. I think part of that stems from my mother’s bout with infertility. I’ve also always wanted to be a teacher since I started school. I was a natural learner and learned to read before Kindergarten, thanks to my mother’s efforts and my eagerness to learn.
I am learning how to be Ezra’s Mommy every day. I was one of the most educated/researched new mom’s I know, but nothing can prepare you for the day to day challenges of being a mother. In my studies to become a teacher, I learned just how much every child is different, and I think every child I have will be a whole new learning experience. I’ve already adjusted my thinking on so many subjects, many of which I’m looking forward to discussing here!

K: I have been a wife for 5 years, and a mom for 2 1/2 years. I have two boys born 23 months apart, and they truly are the loves of my life. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember, and I have always gravitated towards children. I am thankful for all the experience I had with children before I became a mother.
I went to college and worked on a Music degree for 3 years before I got pregnant with my first son. I made the decision to not finish my last year of school, and stay home with my baby. I know many people would say that was a foolish decision, but I know I was called to be a mother, and it would be foolish for me to try and do anything else.
Motherhood has been a learning experience from the beginning. My oldest son was parented completely different than my younger son. I had no plans of changing my parenting philosophy, but it is impossible to raise two very different children the same way. I am looking forward to discussing my journey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment